VICTORIA CROSS REGULATIONS
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Victoria Cross Regulations.
2. In these Regulations —
“decoration” means —
(a) the Victoria Cross; or
(b) a bar to the Victoria Cross;
“Defence Force” has the same meaning as in the Defence Act 1903;
“Minister” means the Minister of State for Defence.
Conditions for award of the decoration
3. The decoration shall only be awarded for the most conspicuous gallantry, or a daring or pre-eminent act of valour or self-sacrifice or extreme devotion to duty in the presence of the enemy.
4. Each decoration may be awarded posthumously.
5. The persons to whom the decoration may be awarded are —
(a) members of the Defence Force; and
(b) other persons determined by the Minister for the purposes of this regulation.
6. Any subsequent award of the Victoria Cross to the same person shall be made in the form of a bar to the Cross.